Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Monsoon Season Part 1

it rained really hard. like monsoon hard. ive never experienced a real monsoon, but if i did, i feel as though it would be something like how rainy it was today.

it started poring at like 5:30, i had class at 6 and thus left my dorm at 5:50. at this point the rain and wind are in full stride, and i am walking ankle deep in water across the street, my green frisbee shorts are now a darker shade of green and my gray sweatshirt is now a darker shade of gray.

so i get across the street and have stopped, under the overhang of davis, and must run to greenlaw. although this is probably less than a 100 yard distance, i am worried that i wont make it. i have decided that my umbrella is not doing any good, so i have ditched this. (note: this is an umbrella i found at some tournament and is already breaking due to the wind/rain.. silly umbrella)

i take a deep breath and start sprinting through puddles and in this torrential downpour, but i am wearing my glasses and soon become blinded, so i take them off and am now carrying a folded up umbrella in one hand and my glasses in the other, sprinting blindly in the rain.

as i pass the UL, someone calls out to me, but as i am currently glasses-less and sprinting through the rain, its hard to stop.. but luckily the 50 people waiting under the overhang of the UL get to see me do a very awkward "here is my hand holding glasses" wave at some faceless person...

i finally get to my building, and there are about 30 people waiting inside, watching me take off my dripping backpack and wring the water out of my clothes. in the bathroom where i dry off a bit more, some woman tells me "its raining hard out." OH, THANK YOU. I HADNT NOTICED. more frighteningly; why do you think i'm this wet????

then i walk into my classroom, where everyone else (read: all 10 of about 25 other people who braved the walk to this class) seems significantly more dry than i am, and sit down in a corner, alone, where i can drip and slowly freeze silently for an hour and fifteen minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment