Sunday, June 5, 2011

Oh, hey

so today, i was walking with my family back to our car and i saw a girl i know hanging out with a guy on the way back. and i have not talked to this girl in approximately 7 years, and when i did talk to her, she didnt like me very much. i once called her and when i was like hey its me! and said my name, she didn't recognize my name even though we had gone to hebrew school and seen each other twice a week, plus hung out at random events for about 2 years together.

anyway, so i kind of stared her down to the point where we both were forced to acknowledge each other. but then we were that awkward distance where there was still a lot of space between our two groups of people, so we are forced to have an awkward interaction from a distance where we needed to have a lot to talk about to make it less weird.

but instead we have this:

her: "uh.. hey"
me: "hey"
loooong pause as we slowly start to walk past them.
me: "how are you?"
her: "good"
long pause as we walk all the way by.

we did not say bye. i dont think we really missed each other...

2 comments:

  1. two comments:
    1. Isnt it great when you see people out on dates and you are there with your family...and therefore feel like the lamest person ever.
    2. So my vision isnt what it used to be and I can't see faces at long distances so there is a lot more "staring people down" just trying to see if I know them. I think I should use this conversation as a template in those situations.
    Thank you for the ever expanding script list for awkward situations.

    ReplyDelete