Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Buy You a Drank

so the other day i was at Bskis with a few friends after playing some frisbee golf. cool thing about Bskis right now is that they have one of those super awesome new drink machines with like "100 different types of soda" and have named it something that seems hip like "coca-cola freestyle."

so all my friends have bought sodas and are deciding what to get, and im watching, since its this kinda cool touch screen thing and its pretty cool to watch.

this dude standing next to me also thought it was pretty cool, and then he decided to film people making their decisions of soda. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V-yphI7JPk similar to this guy only louder and more excited. ps. its like 1am at this point) so i am standing watching him film my friends make their drink choices and then he turns to me and is like "why arent you getting anything??"

not really expecting this person who is filming strangers choose sodas to talk to me i mumble bunch of excuses, one of which being that i dont have my wallet. so he stops filming for a moment to take out his wallet and is like "heres 2 dollars!" and tries to hand me 2 dollars.

i feel kind of uncomfortable with some random dude waving 2 dollar bills at me in the middle of a restaurant so i keep trying to respectfully decline this offer. also, all of my friends have sat down at this point. however, he wont take no for an answer, so he walks up to the counter and buys me a fountain drink.

so i am standing alone in front of this drink machine, in the middle of this restaurant feeling very strange about this whole thing while some dude buys a fountain drink for me so that i too can experience the magic that is the coca-cola freestyle drink machine.. he then proceeds to tell me to "choose something interesting like cherry vanilla strawberry raspberry sprite" and films me decide what i want.

but i didnt really want something like cherry vanilla strawberry raspberry sprite, i just wanted root beer, which he seemed slightly disappointed by, and then he stopped filming and left.

and thus, i was bought a drink at Bskis by a strange man at 1am.

No comments:

Post a Comment