Wednesday, January 8, 2014

I'm Not Creepy on Purpose, I Promise

A few years ago at YCC i was talking to one of my friends on the guys team's dad, and he was telling me about his "oldest daughter who also goes to UNC and is your year! do you know her? she majors in blahblahblah and does blahblah and whatnot"

i had no idea who she was, but being super NOT creepy i was like "oh cool ill look her up on facebook so i can recognize her and talk to her if i see her around on campus or something," which i dont consider thaaat weird considering i know her entire family..

so i find her on facebook or whatever and didnt really think anything of it until a few weeks later, when i am walking alone through the pit and some girl stops me and asks me if ive registered to vote yet.

i look up, and BAM its totally this guys daughter/my friend's sister. and so i, without thinking, am like "yeah ive registered. are you ***'s sister, *****??"

which obviously doesn't go well since we have never met and she has no idea who i am or how the actual fuck i know her name or what she looks like or that i know her whole family.

so she unsurprisingly thinks this is really creepy and is like ".....yes.... who are you? and how did you know that? and how do you know me?"

and i freak out cause i now realize how creepy it sounds to be like "your dad told me all these things about you and i know your brothers and then i looked you up on facebook" *insert non-creepy smile here*
so i stumble through some really horrible explanation of something along the lines of "oh. uh. well. i play frisbee with your brother and you came up cause i go here and you go here and i guess he must have shown me a family picture or something.. uh.. err.. yeah. well thanks for asking me if ive registered to vote"

and then i sort of ran away and havent seen her since! hooray new friendships!

No comments:

Post a Comment