Monday, April 18, 2011

Geology Giggling

precursor: a few weeks ago, my friend and i got in trouble for laughing in class. and our teacher was super self-conscious it seemed, cause he was only concerned with making sure we weren't laughing at him rather than the fact that we weren't paying attention..

anyway...

the other day we had a little writing assignment at the end of class that was due. our classroom is designed where there are 3 rows of tables and the projector/teacher are in front of the first row.

so i get up to turn in my paper, from the right side of the second row. and since the teacher was standing on the left front side of the room, i start to walk around this long row of tables to left, and as im mostly there, he starts to walk back towards the right.

so i stop and sort of start to shuffle to the right, but then he turns back so i shuffle back left, and kinda flail my paper in his general direction so he'll stop moving and i can take the slowest path to him.

this image cracks me up a bit, so i start chuckling to myself, which catches his attention and he finally stops.

and as i hand him my paper hes like "why are you laughing? are you laughing at the paper topic? are you laughing at me? whats so funny?"

overwhelmed by the questions and the fact that i recently got in trouble i start to talk really fast and get all embarrassed and deny everything like "no, no no!! i was just trying to turn in my paper and you were going one way and i was going the other and then you turned and i turned but then you came back and i just wanted to walk this way but you were walking the other way and so then i just thought it was funny..."

and after i mumbled my way through this super speedily, he just stared at me for a little bit, and the 6 or 7 people still in the classroom stare at both of us.

so i just said "bye have a good day" and left very quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment