Saturday, September 29, 2012

Meredith College

one day my friend and i were attempting to find Meredith College in Raleigh, but had managed to get ourselves lost, so we decided to call the college to get directions.

since i wasn't driving, i was given the task of calling and asking directions.

precursor (although at this point it's mid-cursor?) to this story: i suck at talking on the phone and suck at directions--two great qualifications for a person to call a stranger and ask for directions.

anyway, i call, and some girl named jessie picks up:

Jessie: hi this is jessie at meredith college, how may i help you?
me: hey, my friend and i are lost. we are on a road called (whats it called?) fairfax? or maybe its something with an M? i see a cvs and a green fence.
Jessie: um.....right. let me put you through to a raleigh native.
*brief period of no noise and awkward desk background noises in which i think that jessie has accidentally forgotten to connect me to raleigh native lady*
Girl who i think is Jessie: hello?
me: its me again!
Girl who i think is Jessie: .....who? ...again??
me: the girl you just talked to!
Girl who i think is Jessie: .......
me: who is this?
Girl who i think is Jessie: Rachel.
me: oh.
Rachel: yeah.
me: ........ we are lost.

apparently meredith college has one driveway pretty much in the center of town, who knew?! except for rachel, obvs.

No comments:

Post a Comment