Monday, May 16, 2011

Cold Hands

so i was at a gathering of friends, and i was holding a cup with ice in it.

and one of my friends went to introduce her sister to me, and i was going to shake her hand, as normal people tend to do, but as i went to extend my hand, i realized that it was really cold, and that would be rude to extend a cold hand. so i took it back. but then i had the other realization that it was rude to not shake someones hand when being introduced. so i re-extended my hand. however, at this point, she had been holding her hand out for quite a while and had already determined that i was not going to shake her hand.

i then awkwardly attempted to explain that i was very concerned about the temperature of my hand, and didnt want her to experience cold hands either.

first impressions are my forte, obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment